Saturday, May 22, 2010

Review: "500" Day 7

I didn't post at all yesterday because I was busy preparing a lovely dish for my words about the weather in my last post so that I could properly eat them. Not only did it barely rain in Indianapolis yesterday, but they nearly got a full six hours of practice in at the track.

From all indications, yesterday's practice was very productive for Team Penske, who found themselves back atop the leaderboard with a 226.558-m.p.h. lap from Helio Castroneves. In addition to that, Will Power found his way to second, just off of Helio's time, and Ryan Briscoe put in the seventh-fastest time. I'm still finding Team Penske's inconsistency this week a bit off-putting, but we shall see what happens when qualifications begin.

Continuing a pattern we've seen all week, Mario Moraes and Alex Tagliani were very fast, putting in the fifth (225.806) and third-fastest (226.153) speeds of the day. One name that was nice to see in the top ten was that of Townsend Bell, who had the tenth-fastest speed (225.177).

Fast-forwarding to this morning's pre-qualifying practice, we have a new fastest speed of the month: Will Power, and 227.646 miles-per-hour. Also, as I've been typing this, Takuma Sato has taken the loveliest car in the field (KV/Lotus #5 in British Racing Green with a gold stripe) and backed it into the Turn 2 wall. Sato appears uninjured, but we'll have to see if KV Racing can get the car back in working order before the weekend is out or if they'll pull the T-car out of the garage.

I'm about to head out to the track...looks like the fans are starting to fill in, so I need to get moving!

FASTEST UNOFFICIAL SPEED OF THE MONTH
#12 Will Power: 39.5351 seconds, 227.646 miles-per-hour

No comments:

Post a Comment