Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Week From Hell

Okay...I have a feeling I might be dead by bedtime on Sunday.

See, I've purchased myself $90 worth of Tower Terrace seat for this Sunday's running of the Brickyard 400. I figured if The Speedway is going to pay the sanctioning fee for events like the Brickyard and the MotoGP race, I might as well put some discretionary income into their bank account; few things are worth the money more than a day at The Speedway, in my opinion. I like watching motorized objects move fast (even if it's 50 m.p.h. slower than an IndyCar), and I love the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, so these are easy decisions to make.

Slight problem: Sunday may be the busiest racing day of the entire year. 8AM: F1 in Deutschland, 1PM: Brickyard 400, 5PM: MotoGP U.S. Grand Prix, 6 PM: Honda Edmonton Indy. Simply, there's no way in hell I will be able to watch all of the racing this weekend, even though I desperately want to. At this point, I'm just hoping to get home from the Brickyard in time to watch the Edmonton race.

On top of all of this, I'm moving out of my current apartment in Bloomington, the lease for which ends on Saturday. On top of that, after three weeks of pretty much nothing going on, the work piles on in epic fashion this week. I'll be lucky to rattle out an Edmonton/USGP/Brickyard preview on Saturday night, and there's no way in hell I'll be able to liveblog Edmonton.

Just thought I'd share all that with you because I felt the need to describe this hellish weekend to the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment