Sunday, June 28, 2009

IMS Power Shakeup This Week?

As Robin Miller will continually remind you until your ears bleed and fall off, he broke the news that Tony George was supposedly being thrown out of his spot by his evil conniving sisters who want to see racing as we know it fail (end-sarcasm).

Apart from being the only news source in America to have this claim, Miller is also telling us that this Tuesday, June 30, is D-Day for Tony George; he'll apparently be somehow reassigned out of his CEO-of-The-Speedway gig.

On a whole other plane, a super-secret ninja acquaintance of mine who has been part of the Indianapolis racing community for some time and has a solid list of connections is thinking that perhaps Joie Chitwood might be on his way out as the Speedway's president. I have a rather hard time believing that, since the problem is apparently the amount of the family's money that Tony is throwing into the IRL and Vision Racing.

However, based on what Robin Miller is saying and based on ninja-acquaintance's thought regarding Chitwood, here's my idea: Tony George is removed from his post as CEO of the IMS Corporation and is put into the position of IMS president as a way to have him focus on the Speedway while the IRL is put in the hands of...someone (Chitwood, Cotman, Barnhart, Humpy Wheeler...whatever). In the meantime, Vision Racing will still have access to the family bank account and perhaps have Ed Carpenter as the person at the center of that operation -- if Lauren George weren't so darn young, I'd say she'd be a good fit at that post.

The logic behind this? There is none! I'm a lowly blogger, so what do I know? However, is my wild speculation any worse than what Robin Miller does for the Speed Channel? I think not.

3 comments:

  1. Vision is not funded by the family. Vision is funded solely by it's ownership and their personal funds.

    Just because Robin Miller is an idiot doesn't mean you have to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, Charles? You're not Security Chief Charles, are you? Ugh...I'm going to have a crick in my neck from checking over my shoulder for black helicopters...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what if I am? Fortunately for you, no I am not Security Chief Charles

    ReplyDelete